Monday, June 21, 2010

On Sexual Harrassment

Sunday morning, I had an amazing dream. I woke up feeling free and confident. The dream went like this: I am standing around with a bunch of people I don't know. This guy comes up to me and flirts with me. I'm not interested, but I assume that he's harmless. Then he grabs at my chest. I tell him to stop, and then I tell him to stop again. I tell him a third time, pull away from him, and at the top of my lungs, to make sure everyone hears, I read him the riot act. I'll paraphrase: I've told you three times to stop touching me, and no means no, and you're an insecure jerk, etc. I say everything I need to say and I don't hold back. I say out loud all the things you'd want to say in a situation like this but can't think of in the moment. Usually, I am very careful with my words, but I was angry, not scared. When I woke up, I felt like I could sing. I'd gotten it all out of my system!
In reality, it's not that easy...

1 comment:

  1. Great dream! I love it when my motivation and my real psychological needs are met in my dreams. I feel like my spirit is telling me what's really important and is taking care of me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete